The Canadian Rental Association (CRA) is a not-for-profit industry trade association committed to promoting the success of our members and to advancing the growth of the rental industry.
Established in 1965, the CRA is also considered Region 10 of the American Rental Association. Together, the CRA and ARA serve a network of 7,500 rental businesses in 40 countries worldwide.
The CRA operates across Canada through a network of regional chapters. Contact the CRA office to find a local meeting or a regional chapter near you.
- To support Community and networking among all members,
- To respect the diversity of member views and opinions in determining policy direction,
- To develop leadership through volunteerism and self-initiative,
- To represent professionalism and integrity in the rental industry, and
- To embrace change and continuous improvement.
The purpose of the Association is:
- To promote in a lawful manner the development, preservation, operation, maintenance and general welfare of the Association throughout Canada without pecuniary gain to its members;
- To foster a spirit of good will among those persons engaged in the said rental industry;
- To promote ethical practices in their relationship with each other and a uniform high standard of conduct to the public;
- To disseminate useful information among its members regarding phases of the industry to assist them in building business, as well as procedures and professional matters involving the rental industry;
- To study, investigate and exchange ideas and knowledge with its members;
- To keep its members informed about all rental matters at local, national and international levels;
- To establish and conduct seminars, exhibitions and training schemes for use by association members and their employees;
- To design and develop new systems and methods of procedure for the benefit of the members.